Background

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just a little update on Baby Jet!

On Thursday Jet ROLLED OVER for the FIRST TIME! Chad was doing tummy time on the bed with him and I was at the change table with my back facing them but I turned just in time to see it! Chad thought I didn't see it and was so proud that he was the only one that saw it so I think he was a little disappointed after I told him. I know the bed isn't a hard surface and with Chad right beside him it was probably a lot easier, but still we were both soo surprised and were VERY proud of him! Uncle Justin was over this week and was playing with Jet and was getting him to laugh. That was probably the most times he has laughed in a row! It was so funny! Another thing is Jet can now fit into little cloths instead of just sleepers so I have had fun putting him in different outfits. I had lobster this week and Jet has had smelly gas since. I have been trying to get Jet to sleep through the night and he pretty much slept though the night last night which I was VERY GRATEFUL and got some needed sleep! I used to feed him every 3 hours but it's starting to turn into 4. In the middle of the night when he normally wakes up to eat I just turn his fish tank back on and he goes right back to sleep. So he is getting better! We tried shaking his rattle in front of him this week and he likes it but doesn't love it yet. I have been trying to get rid of his dry skin on his face and it's starting to get better but if you have any idea's let me know. On a sad note we were getting ready to go out for dinner this week and I thought I would put Jet in a cute little outfit. He was wearing a sleeper with feet and so when I took it off I noticed a big purple toe! A hair had some how got wrapped around it and it was cutting off his circulation! I called for Chad and was trying to get the hair out. I thought I had got it all but Chad found another bit. I was freaking out thinking it had been like this for a long time and his toe was going to fall off or looked deformed forever. I was also worried their could still be another piece in there and called my brother asking what I should do. Chad took pictures of it with his iPhone and sent it too him so he could see. Just a side note iPhone's are the best! Justin told me to just keep rubbing it to get the circulation back in and kept reminding me if it's not still purple (which it wasn't) then we had gotten all of it and there was circulation. So I felt better about it and just kept watching it and the swelling did go down and it's fine now. But I was LUCKY I thought to change him or else it would have been like that all through dinner because he didn't cry at all and so I would have never known and who knows what would have happened. So that was our week. While I was typing this he also found his thumb. AHH he is getting soo BIG!

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to add: I can't really explain what his toe looked like and the pictures are on Chad's iPhone and I don't know how to get them off, but I will put new pictures of him up on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun!! new babys and all the 1sts are the funnest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! he's growing up so fast!! isn't it soooo much fun to watch him discover new things? who knew life could be so much fun?

    ReplyDelete